About Me

My photo
I am currently studying Graphic Communication at University of Wolverhampton

Thursday, 12 April 2012

Photographs for I-Movie

This is some work towards the Inside/Outside I-Movie project. I went on the New York trip and while I was there I took over 600 pictures some I have picked out round about 25 images to use in this project below are the images. 
Images are taken from the outside and around the New York City, and also inside famous sightseeing places and shops.

Some of the pictures that I have used are images that I can crop and re-use as different images as there are a lot of images that have more then one letter aspect to them, such as looking at the shops there is advertisment;s with letterforms and numbers. 

Sunday, 29 January 2012

Sisters Poster - Home from Home Event - 19th January

Again my sister wanted another poster designing that she could take to the printers to be shrunk down to a5 to make leaflets to match the poster. She told me what logos had to be put on, and the information, and thats it needed to be reds and pinks because it was to fit in with Valentines Day.

I did two different backgrounds so she was able to pick which one she liked the most.

She decided she wanted the red background, so I added the logos she wanted and the text.

I was now able to play around with the positioning of text and the layout of the whole poster.
 I did two different designs with two different fonts so she was able to choose which font was the better one. The one on the left is the same font all the way throught the poster and the poster on the right has one typeface for the title and different typeface for the information.

She decided she wanted the poster on the right also she wanted another line of text adding under the title.

After this was done, she wanted a image adding so i dd the image in two different colours.
I used a image of cupid showing an arrow which she chose, I did this so it was in line with the top of the H so it looks like the cupid is flying onto the poster.

She liked the red design but, then I came up with a idea of having the cupid upright standing on the e pointing towards the Masquerades logo, I did this in three different colours the red, white to stand out also because the white at the bottom of the poster and pink one to match the text.

 After seeing all the designs she choose the poster with the white cupid. She wanted her contact details and the final poster is below.

Edward's Trust Poster - 18th January 2012

My Sister asked if I would design a poster for the charity Edward's Trust an it had to be simple and done last night ready for today. All I had was the information she had sent me and the logos that needed to be on the poster. Also that I had to do a background that was blue and pink, so altogether there was two designs at the end.

I created the two backgrounds below yet wanting the colour changed to an ice blue. 

This is the Ice Blue background.

I added all the information that was needed to the poster in the different fonts so I had a bases for my poster an now I was able to playa round with the positioning and font styles.

I added the text onto the pink background and I also added a picture to the space in the left hand corner of business people shaking hands as this fitted with the theme of the poster.

Below is the pink background with all the same font and then the one on the right shows a change in the typeface and the type size as I thought this fitted the purpose better.

Then I was told the typeface needs to be simple, so I changed the typeface to a simple and again changed the type sizes.

The one on the left was sent over as a final but this wasn't completed, the design in the middle has words taken out and information missed out placed on. There was some final tweeks on the design on the right which again was moving around the layout of the text but after this was done this was decided as the final pink design.

Again the design on the left is too match the pink design before all the changes was made to make it final. The design in the middle is too match the pink design in the middle above, and the one on the right is the blue design to match the pink design, so this was the final blue design.

This was so the client had a choice of whether to have the blue or pink
 Below are the final blue design and the final pink design.